President Trump for decades lied about his own heritage, claiming his family was Swedish instead of German.

Map. History of District Columbia conflict

18 January 2018
1 month ago
[email protected]: New home sales reach a 10 year high. Stock Market has more record gains. Hopefully Republican Senators will give us the much needed Tax Cuts to keep it all going! Democrats want big Tax Increases.
New poll: Democrats think both parties have a sexual harassment problem. Republicans think Dems do.
State Dept official in charge of Tillerson's agency overhaul resigns after three months: report
ACLU: We won our fight to block the Trump administration from deporting a group of Indonesian nationals who faced persecution, torture, or death due to their faith.
Conservative group sues to remove Mueller as special counsel
A woman approached The Post with dramatic — and false — tale about Roy Moore. She appears to be part of undercover sting operation Project Veritas
Reporter: You have called the [CFPB] a joke in the past. How can you ensure you're the right person to lead this agency? Mulvaney: I still believe the agency is flawed. It's a completely unaccountable agency. And I think that's wrong.
[email protected] says he hasn't yet met @CFPB Dep Dir Leandra English, who also claims to be Acting Director. Doesn't know why she wasn't at the agency today. Says sometimes that's grounds for termination. But says she'll be welcome at @CFPB tomorrow.
Senate rules provide for 20 hours of debate on a reconciliation bill
Mulvaney of pending court battle: I'm going forward tonight and tomorrow assuming I'm here and I'll be here either the court or president tells me otherwise.1 month ago
Mulvaney of pending court battle: "I'm going forward tonight and tomorrow assuming I'm here and I'll be here either the court or president tells me otherwise."
.@MickMulvaneyOMB: [@POTUS and I] both share the belief that this particular bureau, under the previous administration, had gone too far over towards strangling access to capitalWe're going to try and fix that.1 month ago
[email protected]: [@POTUS and I] both share the belief that this particular bureau, under the previous administration, had gone too far over towards strangling access to capitalWe're going to try and fix that."
1 month ago
Senate Majority Leader McConnell says he's ready to push ahead with tax reform this week; no mention of vote timing
.@MickMulvaneyOMB: Anybody who thinks that a Trump administration @CFPB will be the same as an Obama administration CFPB is simply being naive.1 month ago
[email protected]: "Anybody who thinks that a Trump administration @CFPB will be the same as an Obama administration CFPB is simply being naive."
1 month ago
Trump will travel to St. Charles, MO on Wednesday to deliver speech for his tax cut bill. Dem US Sen @clairecmc faces re-election next year and voted against tax cut bill in committee.
DNC Chair @TomPerez on President Trump's Pocahontas comments: “Donald Trump continues to debase the office of the presidencyOur country deserves better than this.1 month ago
DNC Chair @TomPerez on President Trump's "Pocahontas" comments: “Donald Trump continues to debase the office of the presidencyOur country deserves better than this."
[email protected] in @Reporter_News: "The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is a bold, transformative approach to tax reform that simplifies the code and reduces the tax burden on working Americans and middle-income families."
1 month ago
@RepAdamSchiff: Eliminating tax break for teachers buying classroom supplies: $250 per teacher. Eliminating tax tuition waivers for grad students: Thousands in increased taxes. Money Betsy DeVos stands to save in tax bill: Priceless. (Actually, it's MANY millions.)
@PressSec: Here's another example: the CFPB's guidance on auto lending makes it more difficult for auto dealers to customize loans and make them more accessible for buyers.
1 month ago
@PressSec: Congress had to pass and @POTUS signed a Congressional Review Act (HJ Res 111) repealing a CFPB rule that harmed consumers by opening community banks up to frivolous lawsuits.
1 month ago
Republican Sen. Steve Daines opposes the Senate tax bill as written; a member of his legislative staff says he's concerned with how the tax cuts in would affect “Main Street" as opposed to big companies.
In a fundraising email, @POTUS says he will have a Christmas breakfast in New York with a "lucky winner" and donors on Saturday
Joint Chiefs Command Sgt. Maj: "Recently, we've had a lot of non-combat related deaths so we really have to look internally at ourselves with a critical lens" following 2 more plane crashes last week. 2x more US troops killed in plane crashes this year vs this point last year
What will @POTUS do if Congress fails to act on Dreamers by the end of the year? @PressSec doesn't say but says she hopes Democrats won't stand in the way of passing immigration policy that includes several pieces includes Dreamers
[email protected] on Alabama Senate race: "The president obviously wants people who support his agenda."
1 month ago
@PressSec: "We're an administration that likes to break new ground."
Sanders says Pres Trump's mention of "Pocahontas" during Navajo code talker event, not a racial slur, Stands by @POTUS view that @SenWarren lied about her background "for political gain."
1 month ago
"We don't have any changes" on Syria policy, says @PressSec to questions on whether Bashar Al-Assad should stay or go as president.
1 month ago
President Trump's intent was not to make a racist slur or be offensive with the 'Pocahontas' remark about @SenWarren, says @PressSec.
.@PressSec says questions about Access Hollywood tape were litigated and certainly answered during the election by the overwhelming support for the president.1 month ago
[email protected] says questions about Access Hollywood tape were "litigated and certainly answered during the election by the overwhelming support for the president."
@PressSec: "I think what most people find offensive is Senator Warren lying about her heritage to advance her career."
1 month ago
"The president is not planning any trip to Alabama at this time" to campaign for @MooreSenate, says @PressSec.
[email protected] tells @CeciliaVega "past practices" of CFPB "were used more to advance political ambitions."
1 month ago
@PressSec: "We're going to make sure the consumers are actually protected."
"We're aware that a lawsuit has been filed," says @PressSec but @MickMulvaneyOMB "is the acting director here."
1 month ago
White House refuses to say if Trump thinks the Access Hollywood tape is real.
[email protected]: "Director Mulvaney has taken charge" of CFPB, "and he has the full cooperation of the staff."
1 month ago
@PressSec: "We think that a lot of the past practiceswere used more to advance political ambitions" than protecting American consumers.
1 month ago
Huckabee Sanders says CFPB under Cordray was used to push political ambitions, not protect consumers.
First question to @PressSec is about @MickMulvaneyOMB at @CFPB."He has the full cooperation of the staff," replies @PressSec. "Things went very well" on his first day there.
5 @USMC Navajo code talkers @WhiteHouse including Fleming Begaye Sr. (who was honorary chair of Native Americans for Trump).
1 month ago
@RepRubenGallego: The Dreamers I've met are hardworking, patriotic young people who want to give back to their communities. Deporting these people would be a huge loss for America. We need to pass the DreamActNow.
Elizabeth Warren responds to Trump's new 'Pocahontas' remark on MSNBC: "It is deeply unfortunate that the President of the United States cannot even make it though a ceremony honoring these heroes without having to throw out a racial slur."
Senator Warren to MSNBC on Trump calling her "Pocahontas" in WH Native American event: "This was supposed to be an event to honor heroes", "unfortunate" Trump can't make it through an event without using a "racial slur"
Sen Ed Markey D-MA: What @realDonaldTrump said about my partner @SenWarren is a slur. It disparages the Native American war heroes, standing right beside the President, who risked their lives to protect his right to make such a disgusting comment.
Readout of President Donald J. Trump's Call with President Emmanuel Macron of France
[email protected] jokes about @SenWarren: "You were here long before any of us were here. Although we have a representative in Congress who they say was here a long time ago. They call her Pocahontas."
@VP: @POTUS and this administration is absolutely committed to CUTTING TAXES for working families and ushering in a new era of American prosperity.
President Trump​ on taxreform: It will be the biggest tax reduction in the history of our country.1 month ago
President Trump​ on taxreform: "It will be the biggest tax reduction in the history of our country."
Today @POTUS spoke on the phone with @EmmanuelMacron about Syria.
[email protected] on tax reform: “We're going to be bringing back into this country probably in excess of $4 trillion dollars."
After Pocahontas comment, President Trump leaves event ignoring questions on whether he'd campaign for Roy Moore.1 month ago
Pres declines to answer whether he'll go to Alabama to campaign for US Senate candidate Roy Moore.
President Trump at event honoring Native American code talkers: "We have a representative in Congress who they say was here a long time ago. They call her Pocahontas."
Here's Trump calling @SenWarren "Pocahontas" in front of Native American code talkers just now.
Asked about the tax bill pending in the Senate, Pres Trump says he thinks it's doing "very well." Believes "Republicans will be very proud of it." Says it will mostly benefit people looking for jobs. And will bring at least $4-trillion back to US from overseas.
Trump referenced Senator Elizabeth Warren as "Pocahontas" before a group of Native Americans at the White House.
"I think we'll probably have a bipartisan bill."- says @POTUS
Trump hails Navajo code talks as "very special people." "From the heart, we appreciate, what you've done." Pledges to help build Navajo code talks museum.
The code talkers "made the differences" on Iwo Jima, says @WhiteHouse Chief of Staff Kelly (a retired @USMC general).
"That was so incredible. Now I don't have to make my speech," says @POTUS says following code talker Peter MacDonald (born in 1928).
Surviving Navajo code talks call for museum to honor their contribution to American victory in WWII.
The surviving code talkers say they have one mission left - to build a museum devoted to what the Native Americans did in the Pacific to help win the battles against the Japanese.
(R-L) Trump, Jackson, Navajo code talkers.
In Oval Office, Trump honors Navajo code talkers of World War II.
The White House may ban its employees from using personal mobile phones while at work, 5 administration officials tell Bloomberg.
There are three of 13 surviving Navajo code talkers are with @POTUS right now.
@keithellison: As a nation, we should not be punishing people for pursuing an education. This horrendous GOPTaxBill levels devastating tax increases on graduate students while handing a massive tax break to the wealthiest 1%.
The financial heft behind a leading pro-Roy Moore super PAC is coming from GOP mega-donor Richard Uilhein
@statedeptspox: The United States notes with concern that the Parliament of Romania is considering legislation that could undermine the fight against corruption and weaken judicial independence in Romania.
Owners push to strip Trump brand, end management deal at luxury 70-story Panama hotel.
Hatch asked after WH meeting if there's a Plan B for taxes if they can't get to 50. "We intend to get to 50."
5 GOP members of Senate Finance emerge from lunch with @POTUS and @VP to voice confidence in their version of tax cut bill. @OrrinHatch believes can resolve differences with House version and have on pres desk by Christmas.
Michael Flynn's lawyer met with special counsel Robert Mueller's team
The @UN Security Council is united in its condemnation of the attack on @UN_CAR peacekeepers on November 26 and sends deepest condolences and sympathy to their families, to Egypt, and to MINUSCA.
Q: "Will you get this done by Christmas." @OrrinHatch (as he walks away): "I hope so."
"We intend to get to 50 (Senators)," replies @OrrinHatch.
@OrrinHatch: "We've got the right plan to go ahead with."
Sen Al Franken D-MN says he's not going to resign from the Senate amid groping allegations
TaxBill will be taken up by the Senate this week, @JohnCornyn tells reporters here outside @WhiteHouse West Wing.
.@ChuckGrassley: You can't have one set of laws for Capitol Hill and another for the rest of America. We have to review our sexual harassment process because it seems to work against the victim.1 month ago
[email protected]: You can't have one set of laws for Capitol Hill and another for the rest of America. We have to review our sexual harassment process because it seems to work against the victim.
"We intend to turn this mess around," says @OrrinHatch after senators meet with @POTUS on TaxBill.
Former Conyers staffer Melanie Sloan: There needs to be a process by which members of Congress are held accountable for their conduct.1 month ago
Former Conyers staffer Melanie Sloan: "There needs to be a process by which members of Congress are held accountable for their conduct."
Former Conyers staffer Melanie Sloan: "I did in fact speak out at the time I obviously spoke to my supervisor who tried, I think, to talk to the Congressman to no avail."
Former Conyers staffer Melanie Sloan: I was called to go into his office and he was walking around in his underwear.1 month ago
Former Conyers staffer Melanie Sloan: "I was called to go into his office and he was walking around in his underwear."
Former Conyers staffer Melanie Sloan: Over time my relationship with Mr. Conyers deteriorated as he became increasingly abusive to me. He would scream at me and berate me.1 month ago
Former Conyers staffer Melanie Sloan: "Over time my relationship with Mr. Conyers deteriorated as he became increasingly abusive to me. He would scream at me and berate me."
Lawyer for Michael Flynn met this morning with members of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team, the latest indication that both sides are discussing possible plea deal
Sen. @SteveDaines aides to FBN: "No" on tax bill but optimistic about changes
Sen Al Franken, on whether there will be more allegations: "If you had asked me two weeks ago would any woman come forward with an allegation like this, I would have said no. So I cannot speculate."
Franken: "I've been trying to take responsibility. I've apologized, and by apologizing to the people I've let down, I'm going to work to regain their trust. I am going to be accountable."
Americans deserve a full-time @CFPB director with a proven track record of fighting for them. Period.
Franken on whether he'd make ethics findings public: "I've not worked with the Ethics Committee before, and I don't quite know how that works. But I'm certainly open to that."
Franken: "To all of you, I just want to again say I am sorry. I know there are no magic words that I can say to regain your trust and I know that's going to take time."
.@SenFranken: This has been a shock and it's been extremely humbling.1 month ago
[email protected]: "This has been a shock and it's been extremely humbling."
Sen. Franken: [Regarding] the kiss at the rehearsal, we were rehearsing for a skit, I said that I recall that differently from Leeann. I feel that you have to respect women's experience. So, I apologized to her and I meant it.1 month ago
Sen. Franken: "[Regarding] the kiss at the rehearsal, we were rehearsing for a skit, I said that I recall that differently from Leeann. I feel that you have to respect women's experience. So, I apologized to her and I meant it."
Franken ended his statement by saying he was "embarrassed and ashamed"
.@SenFranken: There are some women who feel that I have done something disrespectful and that's hurt them and for that I am tremendously sorry.1 month ago
[email protected]: "There are some women who feel that I have done something disrespectful and that's hurt them and for that I am tremendously sorry."
@alfranken: "I'm going to try to learn from my mistakes."
“I've been doing a lot of reflecting. I want to be someone who adds something to this conversation. And I hope I can do that." — Al Franken
"The law is clear: Director Mulvaney is the Acting Director of the CFPB," White House Press Sec. Sarah Sanders says about disputed leadership role.
Franken says he doesn't remember doing anything wrong in photo sessions as a Senator
“I take a lot of pictures. Thousands of pictures, tens of thousands of people," Senator Al Franken says. “So those are instances that I do not remember."
Jared Kushner got a reprieve from the Senate Judiciary Committee, won't have to meet the November 27 deadline for handing over missing Russia docs, including the emails about WikiLeaks and a “backdoor overture" from Russia, officials told Newsweek.
Daily @WhiteHouse briefing now pushed back again to 15:00 EDT (20:00 GMT).
3 China nationals indicted for computer hacking, theft of trade secrets, conspiracy and ID theft per @TheJusticeDept
Sen Dianne Feinstein: Nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office says most Americans earning less than $75,000 would be WORSE OFF by 2027 under the Senate GOPTaxPlan. Meanwhile, the rich get a big tax cut. This is a bad bill!
[email protected]: "The decorations are up! @WhiteHouse is ready to celebrate! Wishing you a Merry Christmas and joyous holiday season!"
[email protected]: "@POTUS is the only one who is actively fighting to increase the prosperity of Jamie Dimon's clients."
.@NanHayworth on tax reform: Our major enemy really is the process of reconciliation in the Senate.1 month ago
[email protected] on tax reform: "Our major enemy really is the process of reconciliation in the Senate."
@SenGillibrand: The harmful Republican tax plan could come to a vote as soon as this week. You know what to do—speak out against it. It's as easy as a quick phone call to Congress: (202) 224-3121
The VA failed to report 90% of potentially dangerous medical providers in recent years to a national database designed to prevent them from crossing state lines and endangering patients elsewhere, according to the GAO.
The First Lady walks down East Wing corridor lined with decorative branches.
1 month ago
Washington, District of Columbia shooting at 5300 block of Dix St NE: no casualities
@VP: Productive meeting with @KingAbdullahII at the @WhiteHouse - I thanked him for Jordan's leadership in the region and its efforts in helping us to defeat ISIS and counter Iranian influence.
Sharing her chair and lap with some kids, Mrs Trump listens as they read their holiday greetings to US military personnel.
[email protected]: “During my nearly seven years as a member of the House, Republicans have been committed to modernizing the federal government's outdated and overly complicated tax system. This is the year we fulfill that promise to the American people."
The WH also arranged for kids to make Christmas Cards - as displays of past WH Christmas Cards adorn the walls.
First Lady joins some youngsters constructing gum drop Christmas trees.
Lankford on tax bill: "There are already changes going through as there's been a lot of conversations with multiple members"
The First Lady welcomes children from @JBA_NAFW to the preview of the WH Christmas decorations.
Sen James Lankford R-OK says he thinks there will be a tax vote this week, but GOP reform bill still being changed
Trump to visit Missouri on Wednesday to promote tax overhaul
White House official: Trump will not campaign for embattled Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore before Dec. 12 election.
Doug Jones' campaign: “Roy Moore was unfit for office before 9 Alabama women served as witnesses to all Alabamians of his disturbing conduct."
Trump's acting CFPB director Mick Mulvaney sends memo to staff, telling them to "disregard any instructions" from Leandra English, who also claims to be the agency's acting director - CNBC
Speaker of the House Paul Ryan: Our pro-growth reforms in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will create nearly 1 million, new full-time jobs across the country.
Blackwater founder Erik Prince to meet this week with House Intel in an "open hearing in a closed space" - meaning the transcript will be released soon after
.@Marcshort45: “We need to get this economy growing again.1 month ago
[email protected]: “We need to get this economy growing again."
[email protected]: “We're obviously disappointed that we don't have Democrat members looking to provide tax relief for middle-income families."
In a memo seen by Reuters, Mulvaney has instructed CFPB staff to disregard directions from Leandra English: “Please disregard any instructions you receive from Ms. English in her presumed capacity as Acting Director."
A woman was hurt after she was struck by a hit and run vehicle near Garfield Elementary School early Monday morning, D.C. Fire and EMS said. According to officials, the woman's injuries appeared to be minor.
As a Congressman, @MickMulvaneyOMB sponsored legislation to eliminate @CFPB, which he's called "a sick, sad joke."
And @MickMulvaneyOMB is literally in the chair this morning at @CFPB amid a legal dispute with dueling appointed acting directors.
@SenatorCollins: The Senate recently passed a bipartisan bill I introduced with @SenFeinstein requiring US amateur athletic organizations and members to report sexual abuse. Our legislation will help survivors obtain justice and protect more people from these repugnant crimes.
Six uses of "holiday" in Melania Trump's release about White House decorations.
Warren: “If the cop is pulled off the beat, then the profits from cheating people look far more attractive to the banking executives."
Daily @WhiteHouse briefing with @PressSec has been pushed back 30 minutes on today's updated schedule.
Elizabeth Warren on what happens if Mulvaney takes over CFPB: “This would change every calculation that every giant bank makes in the executive suite when deciding just how close to breaking the law they want to come."
1 month ago
[email protected]: The Tax Cut Bill is coming along very well, great support. With just a few changes, some mathematical, the middle class and job producers can get even more in actual dollars and savings and the pass through provision becomes simpler and really works well!
Mrs Trump will be giving kids from @JBA_NAFW a personal preview of the WH Christmas decorations this morning. WH says there'll be over 100 open house events. Expects 25,000 visitors to see the decorations on public tours.
Speaker of the House Paul Ryan: We are in a generational defining moment for our country.
1 month ago
[email protected]: We should have a contest as to which of the Networks, plus CNN and not including Fox, is the most dishonest, corrupt and/or distorted in its political coverage of your favorite President (me). They are all bad. Winner to receive the FAKE NEWS TROPHY!
[email protected]: Trust in local communities and law enforcement may be our best defense against terror
.@AlanDersh: [@SenSanders] has no future in American politics.1 month ago
[email protected]: "[@SenSanders] has no future in American politics."
1 month ago
[email protected]: "For the Democrats to win, they have to move to the center If they start moving to the extreme left, we're cooked."
.@AlanDersh: There's no way that Bernie Sanders could ever win more than four or five states.1 month ago
[email protected]: "There's no way that Bernie Sanders could ever win more than four or five states.
[email protected] on internet regulation rollbacks: "We're going to return to President Clinton's framework."
.@SenatorLankford on tax reform: This will get done. We have to get this done for the nation.1 month ago
[email protected] on tax reform: "This will get done. We have to get this done for the nation."
“It's not enough to call out racism, though we have to do that. We've got to fight for solidarity. If working people are fighting each other we'll never be able to confront those with real power who deprive everybody else." @keithellison
1 month ago
[email protected]: Back in D.C., big week for Tax Cuts and many other things of great importance to our Country. Senate Republicans will hopefully come through for all of us. The Tax Cut Bill is getting better and better. The end result will be great for ALL!
1 month ago
Trump says he's possibly done more in his first 10 months in office than FDR, Truman, or Washington.
The President is headed back to the White House.1 month ago
The President is headed back to the White House.
1 month ago
Per pool: “As we traveled along, the number of anti-Trump protesters increased. Some of the signs spotted read: “President Trump is fake news," “Go Away and don't come back," “Mr. Mueller is coming for your orange ass," Real news, fake Trump," “Resign," “Clueless" and “Phony.""
1 month ago
[email protected]: Since the first day I took office, all you hear is the phony Democrat excuse for losing the election, Russia, Russia,Russia. Despite this I have the economy booming and have possibly done more than any 10 month President. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
.@SebGorka on North Korea: We'll see if China is serious about reigning in it's crazy neighbor.1 month ago
[email protected] on North Korea: "We'll see if China is serious about reigning in it's crazy neighbor."
70% of Americans — with majorities in both parties — think that Puerto Rico is not getting the help it needs in the wake of Hurricane Maria's destruction, according to a new poll1 month ago
.@RepDeSantis: We should not have any taxpayer dollars going to bail out misconduct by members of Congress.1 month ago
[email protected]: "We should not have any taxpayer dollars going to bail out misconduct by members of Congress."